Chocolate-Caramel Cookie Bars
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 35 LORNA DOONE Shortbread Cookies
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) caramel bits
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 3 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3 oz. white baking chocolate
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Arrange cookies in single layer on bottom of prepared pan.
- Microwave caramel bits and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until bits are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Pour over cookies; spread to completely cover cookies.
- Microwave chocolates in microwaveable bowl 2 min. or until almost melted, stirring every 30 sec.; stir until chocolates are completely melted. Pour over caramel layer; spread to completely cover caramel layer.
- Let stand 2 hours before cutting into bars.
You'll know it's a special occasion when you get to enjoy a serving of these delicious bars.
Substitute 1 pkg. (11 oz.) caramels, unwrapped, for the caramel bits.
The combination of semi-sweet and white chocolates results in a chocolate mixture with the flavor and texture of milk chocolate.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 16g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|