CHIPS AHOY! Spiderweb Brownie
Want a Halloween dessert the kids can help create? Using a packaged brownie mix, chocolate chip cookies and candies you can create a fun spider covered web!
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 4min
ServingsMakes 20 servings.
- 26 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (18 to 20 oz.) fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- ¼ cup ready-to-spread white frosting
- 4 small gumdrops, cut in half
- 16 small round candies
- 8 pieces (7 inch) red string licorice
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Line 16-inch pizza pan with parchment; spray with cooking spray. Cut 10 cookies in half; place, bottom sides down and rounded sides out, around edge of prepared pizza pan.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on package. Coarsely chop remaining cookies; stir into brownie batter. Spread evenly in center of pizza pan, spreading the batter to meet the cut sides of cookies.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Microwave frosting in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 10 sec. or just until softened. (Do not microwave until melted.) Spoon frosting into resealable plastic bag. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to drizzle frosting in spiral pattern over brownie. Gently drag toothpick through lines to resemble spider's web as shown in photo.
- Cut each licorice piece into 6 (1-inch) lengths and 2 (1/2-inch) lengths. Decorate brownie with licorice and remaining ingredients to resemble spiders as shown in photo.
Prepare using black string licorice.
- Special Extra
Drizzle additional warmed frosting around edge of brownie before topping with Halloween sprinkles.
- Family Fun
Gather the kids to help make this spooky brownie spiderweb to serve at your next Halloween party.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 22g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|