CHIPS AHOY! Mudslide Mallow Bars
Prep time30 min
Total time4hr 10min
ServingsMakes 48 servings.
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 pkg. (18.3 to 19.5 oz.) brownie mix(13x9-inch pan size)
- 1 pkg. (13 oz.) CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave chocolate and half-and-half in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Set aside for later use, stirring occasionally.
- Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package; spread onto bottom of prepared pan. Reserve 8 cookies; arrange remaining cookies over brownie batter.
- Bake 12 to 14 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Meanwhile coarsely chop remaining cookies.
- Top hot brownie with marshmallows; bake 2 to 3 min. or until puffed. Immediately top with 3/4 cup chopped cookies; press gently into marshmallows with back of spoon.
- Spoon chocolate sauce over dessert, carefully spread to completely cover marshmallow layer. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cookies. Cool completely.
- Refrigerate 3 hours. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
- For Easy Cutting
For best results, spray the knife with cooking spray before using to cut the bars. Or, clean the knife by dipping it in warm water and then wiping it dry with paper towels between cuts.
- Special Extra
For extra flavor, garnish dessert with toasted chopped pecans in addition to the remaining chopped cookies.
Substitute bittersweet baking chocolate for the semi-sweet chocolate.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 15g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|