CHIPS AHOY! Monkey Bread
Layer nuts in this chocolate chip monkey bread for an extra special breakfast treat. There is enough to pull apart to feed a brunch crowd!
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 22 servings, about 3 pieces each.
- 16 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, divided
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 5 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (16.3 oz. each) refrigerated big buttermilk biscuits
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-1/2-inch fluted tube pan with cooking spray.
- Break 12 cookies into coarse pieces; set aside. Mix brown sugar and butter until blended.
- Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in large resealable plastic bag. Separate each can of biscuits into 8 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 equal pieces.
- Add biscuit pieces, a few at a time, to granulated sugar mixture; close bag, then gently shake bag to evenly coat biscuit pieces with sugar mixture.
- Place cookie pieces and biscuit pieces in alternate layers in prepared pan.
- Cut remaining cookies in half. Tuck, cut sides down, into top biscuit layer around outside edge of pan. Drizzle evenly with butter mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 min. or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. Loosen dessert from sides of pan with knife. Invert dessert onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool slightly.
- Mix powdered sugar and water until blended. Spread over dessert. Serve warm.
- How to Store and Reheat
Store cooled dessert in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 3 days. To reheat before serving, place 1 or 2 servings of dessert in single layer on microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 sec. or just until dessert pieces are heated through.
- Special Extra
Layer 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts in prepared pan alternately with the cookie and biscuit pieces.
If glaze is too thick to easily spread onto dessert, thin glaze with additional water, 1 tsp. at a time, until glaze is of desired spreading consistency.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 1.5g|
|Dietary fiber <1 g|
|Total sugars 12g|
|Added sugars 12g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|