CHIPS AHOY! Mexican Hot Chocolate Icebox Sandwiches
Sweeten up Taco Tuesday by adding these no bake treats to your Mexican fiesta! A spiced pudding filling is sandwiched between packaged chocolate chip cookies.
Prep time20 min
Total time4hr 20min
ServingsMakes 26 servings.
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 52 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. cinnamon sugar
- Beat pudding mix, milk and seasonings in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in whipped topping.
- Place 26 cookies, top sides down, in single layer on rimmed baking sheet; top with pudding mixture, adding about 1-1/2 Tbsp. pudding mixture to each cookie.
- Cover with remaining cookies, top sides up, to make 26 sandwiches.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until cookies are softened.
- Food Fact
Look for bottles of cinnamon sugar in the spice section of your supermarket. Or you can make your own by mixing 2 tsp. sugar with 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon.
Refrigerating the filled cookie sandwiches for 4 hours softens the cookies to a cake-like texture.
Prepare using chocolate instant pudding mix.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 11g|
|Added sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|