CHIPS AHOY! Margarita Cupcakes
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 15min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 cupcake each.
- 1 pkg. (13 oz.) CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup margarita mix
- ¼ cup oil
- Zest and 1 Tbsp. juice from 1 lime, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place 1 cookie, top side down, in each of 24 paper-lined muffin cups; set aside. Chop remaining cookies.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, margarita mixer, oil and 1/2 tsp. lime zest in large bowl with mixer until blended. Stir in chopped cookies. Spoon over cookies in muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, lime juice and remaining zest in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating after each addition until well blended.
- Remove cupcake liners. Place cupcakes, upside down, on plate. Spoon cream cheese frosting into pastry bag fitted with decorating tip; use to pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Special Extra
Garnish frosted cupcakes with additional lime zest.
- How to Store
Store frosted cupcakes in refrigerator.
- Where to Find the Margarita Mixer
Look for the liquid alcohol-free margarita mixer in the soda and mixer section of your supermarket.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 4g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 25g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||o %DV|