CHIPS AHOY! Maple-Glazed Apple Pound Cake
Upgrade a box mix with a delicious layer of apples, chocolate chip cookies and pecans and an easy maple syrup glaze for a simple dessert that your guests will love!
Prep time20 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 12 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, chopped, divided
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans, divided
- ¾ cup chopped peeled apples (about 1 medium apple)
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) pound cake mix
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment; spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Reserve 1/4 cup chopped cookies and 2 Tbsp. nuts for later use. Combine apples with remaining chopped cookies and nuts.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Spoon half the batter into prepared pan; cover with layers of apple mixture and remaining batter. Sprinkle with reserved chopped cookies and nuts.
- Bake 50 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, covering cake loosely with foil after 20 min. Cool 10 min. Remove cake from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- Heat syrup just until warmed. Mix with powdered sugar until blended. (Glaze will be thick.) Spoon over cake; let stand until firm.
- Special Extra
For more flavor, add 1 tsp. ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to the reserved chopped cookie mixture before sprinkling over layered ingredients in pan before baking as directed.
Prepare recipe as directed, using chopped walnuts, chopped fresh pears and/or maple-flavored syrup.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 31g|
|Added sugars 31g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|