CHIPS AHOY! "Cookie Dough" Sandwiches
Make dessert a little better with our chickpea and peanut butter mixture that tastes like cookie dough. Kids love these - and you don't have to share your secret!
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 26 servings, 1 cookie sandwich each.
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 52 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies
- Process all ingredients except cookies in food processor until ingredients are well blended and mixture pulls away from side of work bowl.
- Roll dough into 26 (1-1/4-inch) balls. Place 1 ball on each of 26 cookies; cover with remaining cookies to make 26 cookie sandwiches, gently pressing top cookies into peanut butter filling to secure.
The cookie dough can be stored, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Prepare sandwich cookies, a few at a time, as needed. For best results, cookie sandwiches should be served within 1 hour after preparing. You will need to purchase 2 pkg. CHIPS AHOY! Cookies to make all 26 cookie sandwiches.
Prepare using your favorite variety of nut butter, such as almond butter.
Prepare peanut butter filling as directed except substitute the following ingredients for the cocoa powder. For Birthday Cake Cookie Dough, stir in 1/4 cup each multi-colored sprinkles and chopped white chocolate chips. For Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, stir in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. For Oatmeal-Raisin Cookie Dough, stir in 1/4 cup each raisins and quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Added sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|