Chili-Spiced WHEAT THINS Snack Mix
Add a little spice to the party with this make ahead spicy and savory snack mix. WHEAT THINS tossed with nuts and seeds make a perfect fall appetizer.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 20 servings, about 1/3 cup each.
- 3½ cups WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- Heat oven to 300°F. Cover rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Toss WHEAT THINS with nuts and pumpkin seeds in large bowl; set aside. Combine sugar and dry seasonings in small bowl.
- Beat egg white until frothy. Add to WHEAT THINS mixture along with the sugar mixture; mix lightly.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 30 min. or until golden brown, gently shaking ingredients in pan after 15 min. Cool completely.
When tossing the WHEAT THINS mixture with the beaten egg white, gently press the ingredients together with your hands to help them stick together.
- How to Store
Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days before serving.
- Special Extra
Add 1 cup dried fruit, such as cranberries, apricots or cherries, to the cooled snack mix before serving. Makes 23 servings, about 1/3 cup each.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Added sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|