Chile Relleno Topper
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, 4 topped crackers each.
- 2 large poblano chiles, divided
- 4 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 48 RITZ Crackers
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut 1 chile into quarters. Cut 48 thin strips from 1 chile piece; reserve for later use. Finely chop whole chile and remaining chile pieces.
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar and chopped chiles until blended; roll into 48 balls.
- Place crackers in single layer on baking sheet; top with cheese balls.
- Bake 3 to 5 min. or until cheese balls begin to melt.
- Microwave tomato sauce and cumin in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir. Spoon over topped crackers; top with reserved chile strips.
- Make Ahead
The cream cheese mixture can be prepared and shaped into balls ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 2 days before using as directed.
Prepare using Neufchatel cheese and shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|