Chickpea and Feta Dip
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- ⅓ cup drained roasted red pepper strips, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil (See Note)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 4 tsp.)
- TRISCUIT Crackers
- Process chickpeas, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup peppers and next 4 ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Spoon into serving bowl; top with peppers and remaining cheese.
- Serve with crackers.
Serve this flavorful homemade dip with TRISCUIT Crackers for a good source of fiber and 24 g of whole grains per serving.
Serve with TRISCUIT Thin Crisps instead of the regular TRISCUIT Crackers. Makes 24 servings, or 2 Tbsp. dip and 15 crackers each.
- Toasted Sesame Oil
Sesame oil is available in both toasted and untoasted forms. For best results, be sure to use the toasted sesame oil to prepare this recipe. The toasted oil will have a light brown color and nutty aroma. Untoasted sesame oil is typically found in the cooking oil aisle, whereas the toasted sesame oil will typically be found in the International foods aisle.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve with cut-up fresh vegetables in addition to the crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 5g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|