Cherry-Glazed Black Bottom Cheesecake
Prep time20 min
Total time6hr 25min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 18 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1½ pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate (6 oz.), melted, cooled slightly
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups pitted frozen cherries
- 1 tsp. Mexican cinnamon (canela)
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended. Reserve 3 cups batter. Add melted chocolate to remaining batter; mix well. Pour over crust. Carefully spoon reserved batter over chocolate batter.
- Bake 1 hour 5 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix cornstarch and water in medium saucepan. Stir in remaining sugar. Add cherries; stir. Bring to boil on medium-high heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir on medium heat 2 min. or until sugar is dissolved and sauce is thickened. Stir in cinnamon. Cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to spoon over cheesecake just before serving.
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Make Ahead
Cheesecake and cherry topping can be refrigerated overnight. Spoon cherry topping over cheesecake just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 27g|
|Saturated fat 16g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 36g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|