Cheesy Volcano Meatballs
The kids will love the melted cheese "erupting" from the top of these meatballs.
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 6 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup spaghetti sauce, divided
- 12 cheddar cheese cubes
- 4 hot dog buns
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix meat, cracker crumbs, Parmesan and 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Shape into 12 balls, using about 2 Tbsp. meat mixture for each.
- Place, 2 inches apart, in shallow pan sprayed with cooking spray. Press 1 cheese cube deeply into center of each meatball.
- Bake 14 min. or until meatballs are done (160ºF). Meanwhile, microwave remaining sauce in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec. or until heated through; spoon into buns. Fill with meatballs.
- Better For You
Save 50 calories and 6g fat per serving by preparing with extra-lean ground beef, RITZ Reduced Fat Crackers, reduced-fat grated parmesan topping and KRAFT 2% Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese Cubes.
Cut 12 (1/2-inch) cubes from a block of cheddar cheese to use instead of the cheese cubes.
Omit buns. Serve meatballs and sauce over your favorite hot cooked pasta.