Cheesy Sweet Chili-Cornbread Dip
Featuring the irresistible flavors of chili and cornbread, this delicious skillet dip is baked in the oven until hot and bubbly. Enjoy with crisp WHEAT THINS for dipping.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 pkg. (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 pkt. (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in large cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 3 min. or until crisp-tender.
- Add meat; cook 10 min. or until done, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg and milk in medium bowl until blended. Add corn muffin mix, peppers, 1/2 cup cheese and 1 tsp. taco seasoning mix; stir just until muffin mix is moistened.
- Drain meat mixture; return to skillet. Add tomato sauce, oregano and remaining taco seasoning mix; stir until blended.
- Spoon corn muffin batter over meat mixture; spread to within 1 inch of edge of skillet.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted into center of cornbread mixture comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Top with remaining cheese; let stand 5 min. before serving with the WHEAT THINS.
Serve this flavorful dip, made with lean ground beef and better-for-you ingredients, with WHEAT THINS for 21g of whole grains per serving.
- Cast Iron Skillet
If you don't have a large cast iron skillet, you can instead use a large heavy ovenproof skillet.
- Easy Cleanup
Place the skillet on a large baking sheet before placing it in oven to catch any meat mixture juices that might bubble over the side of the skillet.
- Special Extra
Top dip with jalapeño slices before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|