Cheesy RITZ Potato Balls
Prep time45 min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 2 balls and 1 Tbsp. sauce each.
- 1 cup cooled mashed potatoes
- ½ cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- 2 cups oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. horseradish sauce
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 cup cracker crumbs until blended; shape into 32 (1-inch) balls, using about 1 Tbsp. potato mixture for each ball.
- Roll, in batches, in remaining cracker crumbs until evenly coated. Place on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan to 350°F. Add potato balls, in batches; cook 1 min. or until golden brown. Use slotted spoon to transfer cooked balls to paper towel-covered baking sheet to drain while cooking the remaining potato balls.
- Mix applesauce and horseradish sauce until blended. Serve with the potato balls.
- Spice it Up
Prepare using pepper-Jack cheese.
- How to Keep the Fried Potato Balls Warm
Place fried potato balls on rimmed baking sheet. Place in 250°F oven to keep warm while frying the remaining potato balls.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|