Cheesy Meatloaf RITZwich
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 20min
ServingsMakes 30 servings, 1 cracker sandwich each.
- 96 RITZ Crackers, divided
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 1 lb. meatloaf mix (1/3 each: ground pork, beef and veal)
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 pepper Jack cheese slices, each cut into 6 pieces
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray.
- Crush 36 crackers finely; set aside. Combine ketchup and tomato sauce.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except pepper Jack cheese pieces in large bowl. Add cracker crumbs and 1/3 cup ketchup mixture; mix just until blended. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the remaining ketchup mixture for later use; brush remaining ketchup mixture onto meatloaf.
- Bake 45 min. or until done (160°F). Cool slightly. Meanwhile, reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Use foil handles to remove meatloaf from pan. Cut meatloaf into 10 slices, then cut each slice into thirds.
- Place remaining crackers in single layer on baking sheet. Place meatloaf pieces on 30 crackers; brush with reserved ketchup mixture. Cover remaining crackers with cheese pieces.
- Bake 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Cover meat-topped crackers with cheese-topped crackers, cheese sides down, to make 30 sandwiches. Serve warm.
- Make Ahead
This juicy meatloaf can be baked ahead of time. Cool, then refrigerate up to 2 days. Remove meatloaf from refrigerator about 30 min. before cutting into pieces and using as directed. Increase baking time, if needed, until meatloaf is heated through and cheese is melted.
Cover baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Shape meat mixture into 9x5-inch loaf on prepared pan. Brush with some of the ketchup mixture and continue as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|