Cheesy Harvest Vegetables
With a creamy sauce and a crispy topping, you'll love this great way to serve your favorite fall vegetables.
Prep time35 min
Total time1hr 5min
ServingsMakes 10 servings, about 3/4 cup each.
- 2 lb. mixed fall vegetables (butternut squash, sweet potatoes, turnips, parsnips and carrots), peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 8 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/3 cup crumbs)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place vegetables and milk in large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat; simmer on medium-low heat 20 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese; cook until completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Stir in Parmesan and nutmeg.
- Pour into greased 2-qt. casserole; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake 30 min. or until top is golden brown and vegetable mixture is heated through.
Enjoy a serving of this cheesy vegetable side dish at your next special occasion.
- Make Ahead
Prepare recipe as directed except for topping with the cracker crumbs and baking. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, uncover; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake as directed, increasing the baking time to 40 min. or until top is golden brown and vegetable mixture is heated through.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 13g|
|Saturated fat 8g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||160 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|