Cheddar Cheese Soup
Let a bowl of this creamy cheese soup, flavored with a bit of onion, nutmeg and Dijon mustard, warm you up on a brisk day.
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, about 1 cup soup and 5 crackers each.
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- dash ground nutmeg
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 40 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers
- Cook and stir onion in margarine in large saucepan on medium-high heat until tender.
- Add flour, mustard, pepper and nutmeg; stir until well blended. Gradually stir in broth. Add milk; mix well. Bring to boil; cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese until completely melted. Serve hot with crackers.
Savor every spoonful of this indulgent soup. One serving goes a long way on flavor.
- Creative Leftovers
Reheat leftover soup and pour over cooked broccoli, cauliflower or baked potatoes for a delicious topping.
- Special Extra
Reserve 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and use as a garnish for the soup.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 28g|
|Saturated fat 14g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|