Celestial OREO Cookies
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 2 servings, 2 cookies each.
- 4 OREO Lemon Creme Cookies
- 8 small white candy stars
- Twist the top and bottom halves of each cookie in opposite directions to separate the cookie halves, leaving all the creme on one half of each cookie.
- Carve the creme to resemble a crescent moon as shown in photo using a 1-inch round cookie cutter to cut into and scrape away the creme. For the different phases of the moons, vary the amounts of the creme you scrape off.
- Add the candy stars, using some of the removed creme to secure the stars to the cookies.
- Hints on Twisting the Cookies Apart
Twist the cookies apart gently in a back-and-forth motion to release one cookie half from the creme. Or, you can use a small metal spatula to scrape the creme close to one half of the cookie. Any creme remaining on the plain cookie halves can be spread onto the creme-topped cookie halves. If desired, you can scrape off and discard any creme smudges with the spatula, skewer or toothpick.
If you don't have a small round cookie cutter, you can instead use a melon baller or the large end of a pastry bag tube to carve out the creme. Or, you can use a small metal spatula to shape and scrape away the excess creme from the moons.