This frozen dessert layers coconut and cookie crumbs, strawberry ice cream and chocolate pudding in a bowl. Unmold and impress your guests.
Prep time30 min
Total time8hr 40min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 1 wedge each.
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) LORNA DOONE Shortbread Cookies, finely crushed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, melted
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 qt. strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- Mix cookie crumbs, coconut and margarine; press firmly onto bottom and up side of 2-1/2-qt. foil-lined bowl. Freeze 10 min. Meanwhile, pour milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spread ice cream evenly onto bottom and up side of prepared bowl; fill with pudding mixture.
- Freeze overnight. Unmold dessert onto serving plate about 15 min. before serving. Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Decorate with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with a fresh strawberry, if desired. Cut into 16 wedges to serve. Store leftover dessert in freezer.
- Size It Up
You'll know it's a special occasion when you enjoy a serving of this dessert!
- Great Substitute
Prepare as directed, using your favorite flavor of ice cream.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 19g|
|Saturated fat 9g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 20g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|