Caramelized Onion RITZwich
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 3 servings, 2 cracker sandwiches each.
- 12 RITZ Crackers
- 2 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 2 Tbsp. caramelized onions
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place crackers in single layer on baking sheet; top with cheese.
- Bake 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Spoon onions onto 6 crackers; cover with remaining crackers, cheese sides down.
- Size Wise
Delicately cooked onions and sharp cheddar cheese are the perfect toppings for these tasty treats. And since they are bite size, it's easy for you to control portions.
- How to Make Caramelized Onions
Cook 4 cups sliced onions in 2 Tbsp. oil in large skillet on medium heat 10 min., stirring frequently. Cook an additional 20 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Makes about 1-1/4 cups caramelized onions. Use as a topping for cooked burgers, or as a filling for meat sandwiches or omelets. Store in refrigerator up to 5 days, or freeze up to 1 month, before using as desired.
Prepare using your favorite variety of RITZ Crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|