Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
Prep time15 min
Total time5hr 25min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 1 slice each.
- 2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 35 caramels
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Mix crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Place caramels and milk in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until caramels are completely melted when stirred, stirring after each minute. Stir in pecans. Reserve 1/2 cup of the caramel mixture for topping. Drizzle remaining caramel mixture evenly onto bottom of crust. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over caramel mixture in crust.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around side of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing side of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with reserved caramel mixture just before serving. Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cheesecake. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Enjoy a serving of this indulgent cheesecake on special occasions.
If using a dark nonstick springform pan, bake at 300°F for 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set.
- How to Pipe Chocolate
Piping chocolate takes only a flick of the wrist. Microwave chocolate as directed on package. Spoon melted chocolate into a freezerweight resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Fold down top of bag tightly and snip a tiny (about 1/8-in.) piece off one of the bottom corners of bag. Holding the top of the bag firmly, drizzle chocolate through opening in desired pattern.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 28g|
|Saturated fat 14g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 27g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|