Caramel Mallow Bars
A pecan shortbread crust is covered with a caramel, marshmallow and chocolate topping, then baked to sweet gooey dessert perfection.
Prep time25 min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- ⅔ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, finely crushed (about 1/2 cup crumbs)
- 28 caramels
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 oz. (1/2 of 4-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour, pecans and graham crumbs; mix well. Reserve 1/4 cup of the graham crumb mixture for later use.
- Press remaining graham crumb mixture onto bottom of 9-inch square pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 18 min. or until lightly browned.
- Cook caramels and water in medium saucepan on low heat until caramels are completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring frequently; pour over crust. Top with layers of the reserved graham crumb mixture, marshmallows and chopped chocolate.
- Bake 12 to 14 min. or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Storage Know-How
Wrap cooled bars in foil and store at room temperature up to 5 days before serving.
Substitute 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for the chopped chocolate.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 14g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|