Caramel Apple Dessert
Each layer's better than the last, from the crunchy crust to the sweetened cream cheese, vanilla pudding and, finally, fresh bites of apple topped with caramel and peanuts.
Prep time15 min
Total time5hr 15min
- 60 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 2 cups)
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3¼ cups milk, divided
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- ½ cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 each red and green apple, chopped
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Beat cream cheese, sugar and 1/4 cup milk with mixer until well blended. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
- Beat pudding mixes and remaining milk with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1/4 cup caramel topping. Spoon over cream cheese layer; top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 5 hours or until firm. Top with apples, nuts and remaining caramel topping just before serving.
Dessert can be a part of a balanced diet, but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Keep Apples from Turning Brown
After cutting the apples, minimize browning by dipping them in 1 cup of water mixed with 1 Tbsp. lemon juice before adding to dessert.
- How to Store Dessert
Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16g|
|Saturated fat 9g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 29g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|