Need a ladybug themed appetizer? Or just the most adorable appetizer bites? These bugs are cute, but their savory flavors will make them a party favorite.
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 6 ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls in water, drained, each cut into 4 slices
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 pitted black olives, quartered
- 1 green onion, green part only cut into 48 thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic glaze
- ¼ tsp. black sesame seed
- Top each cracker with 1 EACH cheese slice and basil leaf.
- Add 1 tomato half to each for the lady bug's body, 1 olive piece for the head and 2 green onion strips for the antennae.
- Brush tomatoes with balsamic glaze; sprinkle with sesame seed.
These delicious, yet low-sodium, Italian-inspired appetizers are as cute as a bug!
Substitute coarsely cracked black pepper for the sesame seed.
- Fun Variation
To add some "flight" to each lady bug, cut cherry tomato halves in half and arrange, fanned slightly apart, on crackers.
Substitute thin fresh chive strips for the green onion strips.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4.5g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|