Candy Cane OREO Cookie Balls
Need an easy to serve dessert for your Christmas party? Try these minty OREO cookie balls coated in chocolate. They make great bite-size treats!
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 48 servings.
- 6 small candy canes, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup), divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Reserve 1 Tbsp. chopped candy. Mix remaining candy with cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved candy.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
To easily coat cookie balls with the melted chocolate, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls on prepared baking sheet; let stand until chocolate coating is firm.
If any melted chocolate remains after all balls are coated, store in tightly covered container at room temperature until ready to use as desired.
- How to Melt the Chocolate
Microwave the chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted, stirring every 30 sec.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|