Candied Pumpkin-Topped Cheesecake
Prep time25 min
Total time6hr 35min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 40 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. ground Mexican cinnamon (canela)
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. whole cloves (about 15)
- 1 tsp. anise seed
- 2 cups water
- 8 small cones (1 oz. each) piloncillo (Mexican brown loaf sugar), coarsely chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups chopped fresh pumpkin (about 1/2-inch pieces)
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter until well blended; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream, ground cinnamon and ground cloves; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, place whole cloves and anise seed in 5-inch-square piece of cheesecloth; tie closed with kitchen string. Place in medium saucepan. Add water, piloncillo and cinnamon sticks; bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 40 min., stirring occasionally. Remove and discard cheesecloth pouch. Add pumpkin to water remaining in saucepan; simmer 20 min. or until pumpkin is tender and coated with syrup, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Remove cinnamon sticks from pumpkin mixture just before serving; spoon pumpkin mixture over cheesecake. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- How to Prepare in 13x9-inch Pan
To bake cheesecake in a 13x9-inch pan instead, prepare as directed except reduce the baking time to 40 min. or until center is almost set.
Prepare using Neufchatel cheese.
- If You Don't Have Cheesecloth
If you don't have cheesecloth, you can use a small paper coffee filter to make the pouch instead.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 28g|
|Saturated fat 16g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 29g|
|Vitamin A||50 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|