Camembert-Cranberry Holiday Toppers
These elegant holiday appetizers top TRISCUIT Crackers with Camembert cheese, currant jelly and sugared cranberries for a delicious and sophisticated bite.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 3 topped crackers each.
- 48 fresh cranberries (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. superfine sugar
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 4 oz. Camembert cheese, cut into 24 thin wedges
- 2 Tbsp. red currant jelly
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- Rinse cranberries with cold water; drain but let some water remain on the berries.
- Roll cranberries in sugar until evenly coated on all sides. Place in single layer on wire rack. Let stand 15 min. or until dried.
- Top crackers with cheese, then jelly just before serving.
- Add 2 sugared cranberries and a mint leaf to each cracker.
Use half of an 8-oz. wheel of Camembert cheese to get the 24 wedges needed to prepare these fun treats. If Camembert is not available, you can use Brie cheese instead.
Prepare using thawed frozen cranberries and/or seedless raspberry jam.
- Superfine Sugar
Superfine, or quick-dissolving, sugar is typically found with the cocktail mixers in the supermarket. Often used as a sweetener in cocktails or iced tea, this superfine sugar has a smaller grain than that of granulated sugar. If you don't have superfine sugar, you can use regular granulated sugar instead.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 7g|
|Added sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|