Butternut Squash, Pecan & Spicy Broccolini Toppers
Fall flavors abound in these sophisticated appetizer bites. Your guests will love the combination of butternut squash, broccolini, pecans with a balsamic glaze.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup coarsely chopped blanched broccolini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ⅓ cup warm mashed baked butternut squash
- 25 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 2 tsp. balsamic glaze
- 2 Tbsp. toasted chopped pecans
- Heat oil in small skillet on medium heat. Add broccolini, garlic and crushed pepper; stir.
- Cook 2 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Spread squash onto crackers; top with broccolini, balsamic glaze and nuts.
The butternut squash teams up with the TRISCUIT Crackers to provide a good source of fiber in these deliciously crisp low-sodium topped crackers.
- How to Bake the Butternut Squash
Heat oven to 400°F. Cut squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Brush cut sides of squash halves evenly with 2 tsp. olive oil. Place, cut sides up, on foil-covered baking sheet. Bake 45 min. to 1 hour or until squash is tender.
- How to Blanch the Broccolini
Bring 3 cups water to boil in saucepan on medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp. kosher salt and broccolini; cook 1 to 2 min. or until broccolini is crisp-tender. Drain; immediately place broccolini in bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 0.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|