Buffalo Snack Mix
Looking for a homemade snack mix for your party? This combo with crackers, pretzels, cereal and nuts is a great choice if you want to spice it up a bit.
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 20 servings, 1/3 cup each.
- 3 cups WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- 1½ cups miniature pretzel twists
- 1½ cups spoon-size shredded wheat cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp. celery seed
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine WHEAT THINS, pretzels, cereal and nuts in large bowl.
- Mix butter and hot pepper sauce until blended. Drizzle over WHEAT THINS mixture; mix lightly.
- Cover rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Spread snack mix onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 min. or until lightly toasted, stirring in parsley flakes and celery seed after 10 min. Cool completely.
- Size Wise
Enjoy eating snack mix at a social occasion, but be mindful of portion size so you don’t overdo it on calories.
- Special Extra
For spicier flavor, add 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne) to hot snack mix along with the parsley flakes and celery seed.
Substitute 2 to 3 Tbsp. ranch dressing mix for the parsley flakes and celery seed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|