Bruschetta 'n Parmesan Bites
- 12 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 6 ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls in water, drained, cut in half
- ⅓ cup tomato bruschetta topping
- 6 Parmesan cheese crisps (1-1/2 inch), each broken in half
- 12 small fresh basil leaves
- Top crackers with remaining ingredients.
Enjoy a little taste of Italy with these flavorful appetizers. And since they have 12 g of whole grains from the TRISCUIT Crackers in each serving, they can fit into a healthful eating plan
- How to Make the Parmesan Cheese Crisps
Heat oven to 400°F. Drop teaspoonfuls of finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, about 1 inch apart, onto parchment-covered baking sheet. Bake 4 to 6 min. or until crisp and golden brown. Cool completely on baking sheet. Transfer to tightly covered container. Store at room temperature up to 1 week before serving.
If you can't find the ciliegine (little cherry-size) mozzarella cheese balls, just use 2 oz. of fresh mozzarella, cut into 12 pieces.
If you have large fresh basil leaves, cut them into thin strips before placing them on the topped crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|