Blueberry Refrigerator Pie
Prep time30 min
Total time4hr 30min
- 7 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 50 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- ¾ cup cold water, divided
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) lemon gelatin
- ice cubes
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Reserve 1 Tbsp. butter. Melt remaining butter; mix with wafer crumbs. Press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 10 min. or until golden brown.
- Bring 1-1/2 cups blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp. cold water to boil in saucepan, stirring constantly. Dissolve cornstarch in 3 Tbsp. of the remaining cold water; whisk into blueberry mixture. Simmer on low heat 2 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add reserved butter; stir until melted. Reserve 1/2 tsp. lemon zest and 1 tsp. juice. Stir remaining zest and juice into blueberry mixture; pour into crust.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to remaining cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Whisk 1 cup whipped topping into gelatin. Refrigerate 15 min. or until gelatin mixture is thick enough to mound. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the remaining blueberries; spoon over blueberry layer in crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Top pie with remaining whipped topping. Toss remaining blueberries with reserved lemon zest, juice and remaining sugar; spoon over pie.
You'll know it's a special occasion when you get to enjoy a serving of this refreshing pie.
Prepare using orange zest and juice.
If you don't have a tart pan, you can use a plastic wrap-lined 9-inch round pan instead. Prepare tart as directed. Use plastic wrap handles to lift tart from pan before cutting to serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16g|
|Saturated fat 10g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 34g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|