Black Forest OREO Crisp
Cherry pie filling is baked with a crumbly topping of chopped chocolate sandwich cookies, almonds and butter in this tasty twist on a classic dessert.
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, about 3/4 cup each.
- 16 OREO Cookies, coarsely chopped
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped toasted slivered almonds
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cans (21 oz. each) cherry pie filling
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cookie crumbs, nuts and butter.
- Spoon pie filling into 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray; top with crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 min. or until pie filling is hot and bubbly, and topping is lightly browned. Cool.
- Serve topped with ice cream.
Sweets can add enjoyment to a balanced diet but be sure to choose an appropriate portion.
- Special Extra
Stir 1 tsp. almond extract into pie filling before spooning into baking pan.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 38g|
|Added sugars 31g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|