Black Bean Hummus Topper
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 1 tsp. chopped seeded jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup rinsed canned black beans, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- zest and juice from 1 lime
- 36 TRISCUIT Hint of Salt Crackers
- ¼ cup sliced avocados
- ¼ cup sliced red peppers
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Heat oil in small skillet on medium heat. Add onions and jalapeño peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly.
- Add onion mixture to blender. Add 3/4 cup beans, cilantro, lime zest and juice; blend until smooth. Spoon into medium bowl; stir in remaining beans.
- Top crackers with bean mixture, avocado, red peppers and sour cream just before serving.
These tasty, yet low-sodium, appetizers are sure to be a welcome addition to any party.
- Special Extra
For a spicier mixture, increase jalapeño peppers to 2 tsp.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 3.5g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Cholesterol < 5mg|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||8 %DV|