Birthday Train Cake
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 4 pkg. (10.75 oz. each) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 4 cups thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- assorted food colorings
- [heading] Decorations:
- 16 OREO Cookies
- 3 rolls ring-shaped hard candies
- 1 cup fruit-flavored sweetened rice cereal
- 6 BARNUM'S ANIMALS Crackers
- 1 ice cream cone cup
- 1 marshmallow
- 1 miniature marshmallow
- 24 pieces black licorice(for train track)
- Line up cakes on large tray or serving platter for train cars.
- Cut 2-inch-thick crosswise slice off front cake; place at back end of the first cake to resemble train engine. Repeat with last cake, placing the removed cake slice in the middle of the last cake to resemble caboose.
- Divide whipped topping among four small bowls; tint with food colorings as desired. Use to frost cakes. Add decorations as desired. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
At 24 servings, this fun cake is perfect for serving a crowd of kids.
- Fun Idea
Let the party goers help decorate this colorful birthday cake. Give each child some cereal, cookies and candies to place on the cake. But make sure to have them wash their hands first!
If you do not have a large enough tray or platter for the train, use a large cutting board wrapped in foil.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14g|
|Saturated fat 9g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 27g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|