Big OREO Cookie Ball Spread
Make a giant cookie ball for dessert, flavor it with OREO Cookies then easily decorate it like a basketball. It's a slam dunk!
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 2-1/2 cups spread or 20 servings, 2 Tbsp. spread, 2 cookies and 3 apple slices each.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 3 Tbsp. coarse orange-colored sugar
- OREO Thins Cookies
- 2 EACH green and red apples, each cut into 15 thin slices
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; shape into ball.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove and discard plastic wrap. Place colored sugar in pie plate. Add cookie ball; roll to evenly coat cookie ball with sugar.
- Use tip of wooden skewer or lollipop stick to draw lines in cookie ball to resemble a basketball as shown in photo.
- Serve with cookies and apple slices.
- Special Extra
Serve with your favorite fresh fruit, such as strawberries, pear slices and/or orange sections, instead of, or in addition to, the apple slices.
Serve with your favorite mini cookies, such as Mini NUTTER BUTTER Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, Mini OREO Cookies and/or Mini CHIPS AHOY! Chocolate Chip Cookies, instead of, or in addition to, the OREO Thins Cookies.
Substitute 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or 1/4 cup white sprinkles for the orange sugar.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 19g|
|Added sugars 16g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|