Berry Smooth Cheesecake
Whipped cream folded into the cream cheese mixture gives this chilled strawberry cheesecake its light, airy texture.
Prep time25 min
Total time3hr 35min
ServingsMakes 10 servings.
- 1 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 env. unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in small saucepan; let stand 1 min. Cook on low heat 3 min. or until gelatine is completely dissolved, stirring constantly; set aside. Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Drain strawberries, reserving liquid; set strawberries aside for later use. Add reserved strawberry liquid to gelatine along with the milk; stir until well blended. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Gently stir in whipped cream and strawberries; pour over crust. Refrigerate several hours or until firm. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Enjoy a serving of this rich and indulgent treat on special occasions.
- Special Extra
Garnish with additional whipped cream, sliced fresh strawberries and fresh mint just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 21g|
|Saturated fat 13g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 25g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||20 %DV|