Beautiful Butterfly Cake
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 45min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, one piece each.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam
- 12 OREO Cookies
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- food coloring
- 1 cup fruit-flavored sweetened rice cereal
- decorations: assorted ring-shaped hard candiesand Mini OREO Bite Size Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Prepare cake batter and bake in two 9-inch round baking pans as directed on package. Cool 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Cut cakes crosswise in half. Spread two of the cake halves with jam; top with remaining two cake halves to form two stacks. To assemble, arrange cookies in center of large board or tray with edges slightly overlapping to form the "butterfly's body," securing cookies to each other with small amount of the whipped topping. Arrange cake stacks around body to resemble the butterfly's wings.
- Tint remaining whipped topping with food coloring as desired. Spread onto cakes. Decorate with whipped topping, cereal, candies and cookies. Store in refrigerator.
For a refreshing citrus cake, prepare as directed using lemon cake mix and substituting orange marmalade for the raspberry jam.
Substitute any flavor cake mix for the yellow cake mix.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 29g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|