Basketball Face OREO Cookie Pops
Celebrate the big game with these adorable, and simple to decorate, basketball face pops. They're easy thanks to OREO Cookies.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 40min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 cookie pop each.
- 24 OREO Cookies
- 2 oz. (1/2 of 4-oz. pkg.) white baking chocolate
- 4 oz. orange candy coating wafers, melted
- 48 mini candy button eyes (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. black decorating icing
- Separate cookies, leaving creme filling on one half of each cookie. Place plain cookie halves, top sides down, in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Melt white chocolate as directed on package; spoon evenly onto cookie halves on baking sheet. Gently press one end of lollipop stick into melted chocolate on each cookie half. Cover with remaining cookie halves, creme sides down, to make sandwiches, gently pressing top cookies into chocolate to secure. Return pops to baking sheet. Freeze 10 min.
- Spread tops of pops with melted candy coating. Add 2 mini candy button eyes to each pop as shown in photo. Use black icing to make lines on pops to resemble basketballs, then add 2 eyebrows and a mouth to each pop. Let stand 1 hour or until firm.
Use chocolate or black sprinkles to make the eyebrows and mouths on pops instead of the black icing. Or, melt 1/2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate as directed on package. Use melted chocolate to decorate the cookie balls instead of the black icing.
Omit white baking chocolate and orange candy coating wafers. Melt 6 oz. white candy coating wafers as directed on package. Use 1/3 of the melted candy coating to attach pop sticks to plain cookie halves. Spread tops of pops with remaining melted candy coating. Sprinkle with 2 to 3 Tbsp. orange sprinkles to coat tops, then decorate with candy button eyes and black decorating icing as directed.
Prepare using wooden pop sticks instead of lollipop sticks.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4.5g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 10g|
|Added sugars 10g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|