Banana Pudding Squares
Luscious layers of cookie crust, whipped topping, creamy pudding, and chocolate in a dessert that's better-for-you? There's nothing uncool about these squares.
Prep time30 min
Total time3hr 30min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 35 Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- ¼ cup margarine, melted
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Neufchatel cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen sugar free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 pkg. (1 oz. each) vanilla fat-free sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- ½ oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, grated
- Mix wafer crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beat Neufchatel and sugar in medium bowl with whisk until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping; spread over crust. Top with bananas.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min.; spread over bananas. Top with remaining whipped topping and chocolate. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- How to Evenly Spread Whipped Topping over Dessert
Stir remaining whipped topping gently in tub until creamy; spoon small dollops over dessert. Use small metal spatula to spread whipped topping over dessert.
- How to Easily Remove Dessert from Dish
Line dish with foil before using, with ends of foil extending over sides of dish. Use foil handles to remove chilled dessert from dish before cutting to serve.
- Makeover - How We Did It
We've made over this favorite dessert to save you 80 calories and 13g of fat per serving compared to the traditional recipe. We used Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers and margarine instead of flour, butter and peanuts for the crust. In addition, we cut the amount of sugar and chocolate in half and used better-for-you products in the creamy layers. These simple changes result in a great-tasting dessert that can save you both fat and calories.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|