Baked Herbed Cheese and Roasted Tomato Spread
With just 5 minutes of prep then baking, you can turn a flavored cheese spread into a delicious, creamy hot party appetizer full of fresh flavor from colorful tomatoes and basil.
- 1 pkg. (6.5 oz.) reduced-fat garlic and herb cheese spread
- 1 cup mixed red and yellow grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup loosely packed small fresh basil leaves
- TRISCUIT Crackers
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place cheese spread in center of shallow casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Toss tomatoes with oil; spoon over cheese spread.
- Bake 15 min. or until cheese is slightly softened and tomatoes are heated through.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Serve with crackers.
Whole grain wheat TRISCUIT Crackers, a good source of fiber, are served with a flavorful, yet easy-to-make cheese spread for a smart appetizer choice.
Prepare using your favorite flavor of cheese spread, such as spinach and artichoke, or garden vegetable.
- How to Prepare on the Grill
Heat grill for indirect grilling. Light one side of grill, leaving other side unlit. Close lid. Heat grill to medium-low heat. Place cheese spread in center of small disposable foil pan sprayed with cooking spray. Place on grill grate over unlit area; cover. Grill 10 to 15 min. or until cheese is slightly softened and tomatoes are heated through, watching very carefully so as not to burn the tomatoes or cheese. If grill cannot be set up for indirect grilling, you can instead place the filled foil pan on the grill warming shelf to heat the ingredients as directed. Please note that the cooking times will vary with the different types of gas or charcoal grills that might be used.
- Special Extra
Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|