Bacon Cheese Spread
Shredded cheddar cheese, Dijon mustard, white wine, green onions and bacon are blended into a quick and delicious spread to serve with crackers.
Prep time15 min
Total time3hr 15min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, 2 Tbsp. spread and 5 crackers each.
- 1 pkg. ( 8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. margarine or butter, softened
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. green onion slices
- RITZ Crackers
- Place cheese, mustard, margarine and pepper in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until well blended.
- Bring wine just to boil. With food processor running, gradually add wine to cheese mixture, processing until well blended. Place in medium bowl; stir in bacon and onion. Transfer to serving bowl, if desired; cover.
- Refrigerate several hours to allow flavors to blend. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers.
When eating appetizers at a social occasion, be mindful of what you are eating. Savor the taste so you are satisfied with just one serving.
Substitute beer for the wine.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 13g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|