Flavors of eggplant and sesame stand out in this creamy spread that pairs will with WHEAT THINS or sliced vegetables. The spread can be made ahead, too!
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 2 cups dip or 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 16 WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 large eggplant (1-1/2 lb.)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp. salt
- Dash pepper
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Heat broiler.
- Place eggplant on foil-covered rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil, 6 inches from heat, 20 to 25 min. or until eggplant collapses and is evenly blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Place garlic on top of eggplant; wrap with foil. Cool completely.
- Remove and discard peel from eggplant. Place eggplant flesh and garlic in food processor; process until smooth. Add tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pulse just until blended. Spoon into serving dish.
- Refrigerate 30 min. or until chilled. Serve with WHEAT THINS for dipping.
- Special Extra
Arrange cucumber and carrot slices around dip in serving dish.
Serve with WHEAT THINS Big Snacks. Makes 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 11 WHEAT THINS Big Snacks each.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|