Avocado & Mexican Grilled Corn (Elote) Toppers
Enjoy the savory flavors of Mexican street corn with these summer appetizers. Grilled seasoned corn, Cotija cheese and fresh avocado top TRISCUIT Crackers.
- 1½ tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. chipotle chili pepper powder, divided
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 small ear corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
- ½ small avocado
- 24 TRISCUIT Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Cracker
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely crumbled Cotija cheese
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Mix oil, garlic and 1/8 tsp. chili pepper powder until blended; brush onto corn.
- Grill 10 to 12 min. or until corn is tender and evenly charred on all sides, turning occasionally. Cool.
- Cut kernels off corn cob, keeping small sections of corn kernels attached to each other. Measure out 1/4 cup corn; set aside. Refrigerate leftover corn for another use. (See tip.)
- Cut avocado crosswise into 12 slices, then cut each slice in half. Top crackers with avocados; drizzle with lime juice.
- Add 1/4 cup corn to topped crackers; sprinkle with cheese and remaining chili pepper powder.
This easy-to-make Mexican-inspired recipe is a good source of fiber from the combination of whole wheat TRISCUIT Crackers, corn and avocados. And since these great-tasting topped crackers are low in sodium, they can fit into a healthful eating plan.
- Special Extra
Garnish topped crackers with jalapeno slices and/or fresh cilantro leaves.
Prepare using Mexican-style chili powder.
- How to Use the Leftover Corn
Refrigerate the remaining corn. Then add to your favorite tossed green salad or taco filling.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|