Avocado, chick peas, onion, garlic and seasonings are combined in a blender for a quick and easy spread to serve with crackers.
- 1 avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup canned chick peas or chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 65 RITZ Crackers
- Place all ingredients except crackers in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Place in serving bowl; cover.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Top each cracker with a generous teaspoonful of avocado mixture. Serve immediately.
This flavorful appetizer is sure to appeal to friends and family alike.
Substitute 1/2 tsp. instant minced garlic for the minced fresh garlic.
- Make Ahead
Prepare as directed; cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|