Avocado & Grilled Shrimp Toppers
Looking for an impressive appetizer? These RITZ Crackers topped with grilled shrimp and avocado will surely be a hit!
- 24 uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp (3/4 lb.)
- 1 cup tightly packed shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. creamy Caesar dressing
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- ½ avocado, cut crosswise into 24 slices
- Heat grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp; cook 1 to 2 min. on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Toss lettuce with dressing.
- Top crackers with avocados, lettuce mixture and shrimp.
These crunchy and creamy topped crackers can help you eat right!
- How to Keep Avocado Slices from Browning
Before placing the avocado slices on the crackers, squeeze fresh lemon juice over them to help prevent them from turning brown.
- Special Extra
For more flavor, marinate the shrimp before grilling. To prepare the marinade, mix 1/3 cup avocado or olive oil with 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. EACH minced garlic and chopped fresh parsley, and 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper until blended. Pour over shrimp in shallow dish; toss to evenly coat shrimp with marinade. Refrigerate 20 min. Drain and discard marinade before grilling shrimp as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|