"Artisan" Vegetable Pizza
This appetizer is also a work of art! Just follow our directions for arranging colorful, cut vegetables over seasoned TRISCUIT Crackers for this creative idea.
- 24 TRISCUIT Crackers
- ¼ cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1½ cups assorted cut-up fresh vegetables (thin asparagus spear pieces; small broccoli florets; and sliced grape tomatoes, mini sweet peppers and red onions)
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Place crackers, in single layer with sides of crackers touching, on rimmed baking sheet to form rectangle. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Combine ricotta and 1 Tbsp. Parmesan; spoon onto crackers.
- Top with vegetables and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake 5 to 8 min. or until mozzarella is melted, and vegetables are heated through.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
Since this vegetable-topped appetizer pizza is made with whole wheat crackers, it can help you eat right.
- Special Extra
For an artistic touch, arrange vegetables on crackers to resemble flowers. If necessary, cut the vegetables into smaller pieces then spread evenly over crackers just before serving.
For more tender vegetables, cook the vegetables slightly before placing on crackers and baking as directed. Or, prepare recipe using leftover grilled vegetables.
Omit the ricotta cheese, and increase the mozzarella cheese to 1/2 cup. Sprinkle mozzarella and half the Parmesan onto crackers; top with vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, then bake as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|