Artichoke Pesto & Roasted Red Pepper Spread
Looking for a new appetizer idea? This Italian inspired mix of artichokes, Parmesan and roasted red peppers is amazing when baked on top of Neufchatel cheese.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes about 2 cups spread or 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. spread and 6 crackers each.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Neufchatel cheese, softened
- ½ can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- TRISCUIT Crackers
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place brick of Neufchatel cheese in center of shallow baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; set aside.
- Use pulsing action of food processor to process artichokes, dressing, garlic and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese just until blended. (No need to process until smooth.) Stir in roasted peppers and parsley. Spoon over Neufchatel.
- Bake 10 min. or until Neufchatel is softened and toppings are heated through.
- Top with pine nuts and remaining Parmesan. Serve with crackers.
- Make it Easy
For a change of pace, omit the oven baking step. This flavorful spread tastes just as delicious.
- Special Extra
Add 1/4 cup quartered red and yellow grape tomatoes, 1 chopped seeded plum tomato or 2 Tbsp. finely chopped drained sun-dried tomatoes to the artichoke mixture before spooning over the Neufchatel cheese and baking as directed.
Prepare in 9-inch pie plate.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars <1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|