Apple-Sweet Potato Bake
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 cans (15.75 oz. each) sweet potatoes, drained, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium apple, peeled, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 10 NEWTONS Fruit Chewy Cookies, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cornstarch and orange juice in medium bowl. Add sweet potatoes and apples; toss to coat. Spoon into 9-inch square baking dish; set aside.
- Mix chopped cookies, the brown sugar, flour and butter until well blended; sprinkle evenly over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until sweet potato mixture is heated through and topping is golden brown. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
For a change of pace, try this delicously different side dish. The sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A!
Assemble sweet potato mixture directed, except do not top with the cookie mixture; cover. Refrigerate until ready to bake. Uncover and top with the cookie mixture just before baking as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 3.5g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 22g|
|Vitamin A||90 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|