Apple Pie "Tarts"
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 20 100% Whole Grain FIG NEWTONS Fruit Chewy Cookies
- 3 Tbsp. thawed frozen whipped topping
- Melt butter in small skillet on medium heat. Stir in apples; cover. Cook 2 min., stirring after 1 min.
- Stir in cranberries, sugar and cinnamon. Cool 10 min.
- Top cookies with apple mixture and whipped topping just before serving.
Aiming for more whole grains in your diet? Each serving of these delicious low-fat tarts makes a sweet 130-calorie treat with 9g of whole grains from the NEWTONS Cookies.
- Special Extra
Add 1/4 tsp. lemon zest to the cooked apples along with the cranberries, sugar and cinnamon.
- Make Ahead
Apple mixture can be prepared ahead of time. Cool, then refrigerate up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat in microwave just until warmed, then spoon onto cookies and top with the whipped topping.
Prepare using your favorite variety of NEWTONS Fruit Chewy Cookies.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 3g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 16g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|